The world is changing. We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual, and we want to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Luno welcomes crypto lovers and crypto newbies. You - just like everyone in the world - are on your own unique crypto-learning journey.
We are a mission-driven cryptocurrency company that is building more open and equal access to the future of money. You don’t have to know lots about crypto to be interested in joining us, you just have to feel that upgrading the world to a fairer financial system matters, and that you’d like to be part of this global change. We’re a passionate and committed team taking on a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We need the best team on board for our mission.
If that sounds like a culture you’d thrive in, then we are excited to hear from you.
A little about us
- Luno means moon in Esperanto, we chose the name because at night, wherever you are in the world, you look up at the same moon. We believe in the power of working together, as one team, across borders, with clear focus and shared purpose.
- Our popular mobile app and website helps people around the world grow and manage their money using the world's most mature cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum and USDC. We’ve processed over $32 billion to date.
- Over 9 million customers across 40 countries have chosen to hold their crypto wallets on Luno because we offer a delightfully simple experience and bank-grade security.
- We're part of the Digital Currency Group, named in 2021 as one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies, in the “Disruptors” category alongside Tesla, AirBnB, SpaceX, Peloton. TIME noted that DCG is “mainstreaming cryptocurrency”.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams, with colleagues from 43 different nationalities working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria, Australia and Singapore. Financial inclusion is part of our mission, but on a deeper level, inclusion is a way of life, and a way of work for us. It is part of who we are as a company, and a group of human individuals.
The role in a nutshell
You will form part of the Operations Onboarding team based in Cape Town, reporting to the Onboarding Operations Manager. You will work in a fast paced environment, collaborating with other business units, including Engineering, Product and Legal teams, servicing the business on an international level together with the teams from South East Asia, Africa and Europe.
Your mission will involve
- Helping Luno’s customers to onboard from multiple geographies and have a seamless experience onboarding as their first step in their journey with Luno
- Ensuring that Onboarding team meets its project milestones
- Ensure that all projects are managed and delivered within the prescribed timeframes.
- Driving team objective setting, prioritisation and ensure adherence to plan and strategy
- Work closely across all functions, including Product, Engineering, Data, Operations, Customer Success , Legal , and Compliance to influence, advise and coordinate efforts and ensure strategic alignment and seamless execution of initiatives.
- Leading a strong and high performing team that is poised for future growth through development, coaching, clear expectation setting and a strong focus on employee experience
- Create a positive team environment that instills trust, encourages world class performance and ensures clear transparent communications to align around the overall vision
- Ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures are followed to ensure customers are onboarded in compliance with local regulations, including but not limited to Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customers (KYC)
- Develop insights and formulate strategic and operational recommendations and processes to enhance the Luno customer experience and the operational efficacy of the team
- Oversee day to day operations related to global customer onboarding
- Own and monitor key Operational metrics and SLAs
- Own and regularly review Standard Operating Procedures
In your first six months, you will
- Have a thorough functional understanding of Luno’s Onboarding processes, tools and integrations.
- Have a thorough understanding of the team's day-to day operational outputs and ensure that they are met.
- Have a thorough understanding of the team's current and upcoming projects and provide support in the delivery of them
- Support the execution of the Onboarding Operations team’s initiatives and greater business projects and vision
- Identify and understand the challenges and propose and initiate solutions to circumvent them.
- Guide and support the team in the delivery of their OKR’s
‘ The ideal Lunaut for this role, will have’
- 3-4 years’ relevant work experience in business and individual customer onboarding
- 3- 4 years’ relevant work experience as a team leader in business and individual customer onboarding
- High levels of EQ and proven experience in leading a team
- Demonstrable knowledge in KYC (Know your customer) and matters pertaining to the broader AML/CFT industry
- Experience in policy analysis and process development
- Applies critical and creative thinking to create efficient processes
- Highly collaborative with outstanding relationship building skills
- Exercise leadership to lead change by initiating action, giving direction and taking responsibility to ensure delivery of objectives/goals/tasks/projects.
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, report writing and documenting outcomes of investigations
- Interpret , prepare and represent complex management information.
- The ability to influence and make recommendations confidently with the use of data and analyses, to various stakeholders including the senior leadership team
- Entrepreneurial, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Solid interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- Familiarity with crypto-currencies will be highly advantageous
- High proficiency in English
- If not a South African citizen, an existing, valid permit to work in South Africa
Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
You'll be able to continuously up-skill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and CodeAcademy.
For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you'll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
Annual Inspiration Day... for that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
Work is important, but your mental health should always take priority. At Luno, we do everything we can to make sure you lead a healthy and happy life. That's why Luno gives you free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.