About the team:
The role sits in the Brand Engagement team, which sits within the Global Marketing team. We are a new team working to define our global brand strategy and activations, whilst working closely with local markets to support their country-specific marketing and brand initiatives. We are strategic and creative thinkers and doers, responsible for getting audiences around the world to connect with our brand and product. Day-to day you will work with your peers, our Copy and Creative Directors in order to develop and deliver inspiring content and integrated journeys across touch points and channels. You will work collaboratively with our country marketing teams to explore and shape this once in a lifetime brand & marketing challenge, together. You will also work in close collaboration with our Head of Product Marketing, who will provide subject matter expertise and strategic guidance.
The role in a nutshell:
You will own multi-media content strategy and execution to drive education, growth and brand engagement. You will empower our internal content creators with objectives, process, tools and delivery plans. This role is for you if you have experience managing multi-media, multi-channel content platforms and you can thoughtfully guide ambitious strategy and execution that brings a brand vision to life.
Your mission will be:
- Work strategically alongside our Creative and Copy Directors to develop global brand creative and storytelling across all channels, including local brand campaigns and global performance creative. Constantly evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns against objectives, through reporting, optimisation and comparing with industry best practices to drive conversions down the funnel
- Inspire, guide and manage a team of digital content creators that drive our social media strategy, our UGC “community voices” project, and our Editorial content (driven by a small global team of in and out house long-form writers). Foster channel-agnostic ways of working in order to ensure all these channels are well integrated.
- Create and sustain a culture of creative excellence, collaboration and business impact by mentoring in best practices, the art of storytelling, project management, strategic clarity, and effective process.
- Closely collaborate with our Head of Product Marketing who is responsible for defining Lunos “learning journey” and work with them to bring it to life across social, editorial and all other content formats that you believe are important.
- Work with country teams to localize all our multi-media, multi-channel content strategy as needed.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and execute a content strategy that will guide and inspire beginners as they seek to understand crypto and decide to get started. This will require you to have a well formed understanding and ability to clearly explain and bring to life the following:
- Key personal finance concepts including basic investment ideas (eg. diversification, risk pricing, time cost of money)
- Bitcoin as a decentralized savings technology and its social implications, especially in emerging markets
- The role of the major layer 1 chains in the global Web3 project
- Stablecoins and their potential in the future of mass market financial services
A little about you:
- Have a deep desire to help shape the positive and responsible development of the crypto industry for the mass market. Broad understanding of the crypto space is a requirement, although deep adoption (eg. trading, advanced de-fi use, technical / DAO participation etc) is not.
- Be a stellar content leader with proven experience of building a multi-channel, multi-media content platform. Desirable experiences include big wordpress builds, podcast production, content strategy, editorial team management
- Have global content localisation experience. Enjoy and have experience partnering with colleagues and providers across the world, across language barriers, working conventions and time zones.
- Seek opportunities where other people see chaos and who encourage collaborative work environments while not hesitating to own, define, and deliver on complex and ambiguous tasks, projects.
- Have a strong marketing and growth acumen and appetite to help build a leading brand in a fast paced, global facing environment.
- Have a relentless focus on new customers and solving for their fears and triggers, experience working with data & insights.
- Solid years of relevant experience across editorial, social and/or brand strategy.
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone's hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong AML measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
Luno is a ‘remote but reachable’ company! At Luno, we trust that people can do their work effectively anywhere and provide Lunauts with the flexibility to decide where they do their best work. For some of us, that’s at home for the majority of the time, for others, that might mean joining other Lunauts in person at one of our Luno workspaces more often. Luno is built on our relationships, so we still value in-person connection and have a minimum expectation of spending time in person once a quarter. So as long as you are based in one country with a Luno workspace, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.