About the team
The Luno Finance Team is a savvy bunch who love what they do. We handle the core accounting, internal control, financial planning, budgeting and commercial analysis responsibilities at Luno.
If you love to move fast, while caring about attention to detail, have a continuous improvement mindset and all this sounds like fun to you, we look forward to hearing from you.
The role in a nutshell
Luno is seeking a Finance Business Associate to join the Luno Finance team. This role will be based in Indonesia.
You will holistically own all Finance-related reporting responsibilities in the region and operationally support the Payments and Treasury Teams.
You will report directly to the Regional Finance Manager and work closely with Luno’s centralised finance team based in South Africa.
Our preferred start date will be 1 July 2022 (or earlier) but we are willing to be flexible for the right candidate.
Your mission will be
The core responsibilities for this role:
- Prepare and submit the daily, monthly and annual reporting packs to regulators and partners
- Perform daily customer funds reconciliations to support the regulatory report submissions
- Report on non-financial information to accompany the financial reporting submissions
- Assist with the external audit process in terms of acting as a key communication partner for the finance team and local auditors, assist with the requisition list and other audit tasks as they arise
- Manage the monthly withholding tax slips process for suppliers
- Assist the tax team with monthly tax submissions
- Act as a key communication partner for the tax team and local consultants
- Supporting day to day operations related to customer payments and payment gateways, including the loading and releasing of payments
- Working with the engineering, customer success and operations teams to identify operational areas of improvement and create and monitor new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible
- Perform bank and payment provider reconciliations and investigate any issues that are identified
- Implementing and executing processes related to internal audits, quality control, compliance and training
- Assisting with the planning and execution of payment operations for new country launches in the Asia-Pacific region
- Assist with banking and regulatory tasks related to our Indonesia banking and payment integrations
Treasury and Banking
- Partner with Banks and payment provider and manage these relationships effectively
A little about you:
- A professional accounting qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ post qualification experience in a commercial position outside of audit or public practice
- Fluent in English language, spoken and written is essential.
- Indonesian citizen/resident, or valid permit to work in Indonesia
- High attention to detail
- Obsessed with creating efficient processes and ensuring things get done right
- Strong sense of responsibility and a high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a strong team player and able to work with remote teams
- High comfort working with complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to build trusted relationships, credibility and influence
- Applies critical and creative thinking and to create efficient processes
- Internet access at home and the ability to work remotely (Luno will provide successful candidates with suitable equipment to set them up for success).
Advantageous (Nice to have requirements):
- International experience i.e. has worked for a rapidly scaling business with growing and established interests internationally
- Experience with cryptocurrencies, digital assets or financial assets
- Prior experience in a fast moving technology / fintech environment
In your first six months, you will:
Prepare and submit daily and monthly external reporting. Assist the tax team with tax regulation amendments compliance and reporting submissions.
Be able to complete all basic daily operational tasks pertaining to the payments function that contributes to a seamless customer experience and uninterrupted operational flow (customer withdrawals, reconciliation, refunds processing, resolving technical issues, etc.)
Assist with customer support queries of a technical nature as well as refunds where necessary
Investigate and resolve queries with external banks and payment providers where necessary
Collaborate with other teams on reports and requirements for regulatory bodies.
Job Competency Requirements:
- Team Working: They support others and show respect and positive regard for them in social situations. Puts people first, working effectively with individuals and teams and customers.
- Analytical Thinking: Provides evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicates well in writing.
- Planning and Organising: Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures. Delivers within the agreed time frames.
- Performance and Delivery: Focuses on results and achieving personal work objectives. Works best when work is related closely to results and the impact of personal efforts is obvious. Shows an understanding of business, commerce and finance.
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone's hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong Anti Money Laundering measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.