About the team:
Our core focus is the safekeeping of our customers’ funds, ensuring a frictionless and seamless flow of their funds when, where, and however they want it. We understand that automation is key to moving fast and taking action, and the path to this brilliant paradigm is our amazing adventure. The Payments Team is a diverse group, incorporating all other operational requirements into our integrations so that we can succeed as a team.
The role in a nutshell:
You will be part of Luno’s strategic ambition to make a strong foothold in the US markets. You have the opportunity to drive a best-in-class payments experience for the business and our customers. As the Payments Operations Analyst, you will constantly reinvent the wheel - proactively identifying where payments operations and processes can be made more optimal, delivering the most efficient results for Luno and the best payment experiences for our US customers.
You will be leading the Payment Operations Team currently consisting of two people that take care of the day-to-day operational functions of payments. You will work closely with Louis, our Global Head of Payments, who is based in Cape Town.
Your mission will be:
- Oversee day to day operations related to global customer payments and payment gateways
- Provide strong hands-on leadership to a growing Operations team
- Work with the engineering, community and operations teams to identify operational areas of improvement and create and monitor new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible
- Oversee bank and payment provider reconciliations and investigate any issues that are identified
- Own and monitor key Operational metrics and SLAs
- Onboard and train new team members
- Manage operational task rotations and schedules
- Own and regularly review Standard Operating Procedures
- Oversee and enhance cross-functional relationships between members of various Operations teams
- Engage regularly with team members regarding performance and career development
- Implement and execute processes related to internal audits, quality control, compliance and training
A little about you:
- A relevant University degree from a reputable tertiary institution (finance field will be advantageous)
- 5-7 years work experience preferred, preferably in a banking environment or a team responsible for managing large payment volumes
- Experience working with ACH payments
- High attention to detail
- Applies critical and creative thinking and to create efficient processes
- Delivers results that create the best experiences for our customers
- Leads change through entrepreneurial thinking, a strong sense of responsibility and a very high level of integrity
- High levels of EQ and proven experience in leading a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a strong team player
- Interest in Cryptocurrency and Payments will be advantageous
- Internet access at home and the ability to work remotely (Luno will provide successful candidates with suitable equipment to set them up for success)
- Proven planning and organisational skills to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- The ability to influence and make recommendations confidently with the use of data and analyses, especially to the senior leadership team
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone's hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong Anti Money Laundering measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.