About the team:
Our mission as the People team at Luno is to ignite Luno’s mission by inspiring the extraordinary and empowering our global community of Lunauts to reach their full potential in a “remote but reachable” world. We aim to achieve this by building a high performing team, one united by our mission and Moontality (our Culture).
The People Operations Partner is a brand new role, in a brand new region for Luno. We launched in the US in January 2022 and we have huge ambitions! We are looking for an experienced People Operations Partner to work in partnership with our General Manager-US, to be the go-to person for our Lunauts in the region, delivering awesome internal customer-first service for their day to day queries to set the region up for success as we scale.
Your mission will involve:
- Building the people and culture experience in the US by collaborating with the global People Operations Team; People Community Team and General Manager - US
- Developing strong relationships with local leadership and employees (Lunauts)
- Being the go-to person for our Lunauts in the region, delivering awesome internal customer-first service for their day to day queries
- Being the culture guardian and delivering a WOW workplace experience to the regional team as well as coordinating community events like wellbeing, social and belonging
- Ensuring our Luno workplaces feel like a home away from home, overseeing the smooth running of them
- Applying your in-depth understanding of the employee life cycle and local cultural norms to ensure you are tailoring our people experiences within Luno to be the best they can be locally
- Being an integral part of Luno's growth and success by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of employee data and HR systems and serving as a key point of contact for employee operational questions and/or concerns
- Continuously improving our people policies and procedures to achieve operational excellence
- Suggesting & executing initiatives or ideas to build upon our culture, including creating a trusted community of Lunauts who are focused on one mission, one team outcomes
- Actively working towards improving employee engagement in partnership with management, employees and stakeholders
- Managing payroll, benefits and any statutory filings
In your first six months, you will:
- Successfully deliver a localized onboarding experience that will make our new joiners feel like part of a team and to ensure a seamless and exceptional onboarding experience, from tracking newnauts to planning, participating in the onboarding program, and supporting new starters through their 90 Day journey.
- Understand Luno’s systems, processes and ways of working
- Understand the role and responsibilities
- Build relationships with the US Team and stakeholders
- Be able to process payroll independently, own the relationship with the payroll vendor, and fully understand the US benefit offerings
- Be responsible for contributing towards various People projects, including support and in some cases initiate country specific team building/ engagement activities
The ideal Lunaut for this role, will have:
- Experience in collaborating with senior executives in delivering a people agenda that supports their region’s success and an ability to build trusted relationships, credibility and influence
- Experience with people analytics, process improvements and policy development, using data to identify areas of opportunity and concern and which will inform solutions
- A relevant HR qualification will be an advantage
- Experience working in the tech or customer service industry will be an advantage
- Previous experience as a HR Administrator or Coordinator is required
- Previous experience in the processing of monthly payroll is required
- Deep understanding of HR functions and best practices
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to take initiative, by being obsessed with the best
- Empathetic attitude and good interpersonal skills to which Lunauts can easily relate to
- Great attention to detail and a growth mindset - ensuring that we get it done, right
- A passion for coordinating projects and/or events to facilitate a great employee experience
- Basic understanding of employee relations and local employment law is required
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Love for all things people administration
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Curiosity to improve your knowledge and skills
- Strong values
- Team spirit
- Comfort with tech tools, such as Slack, People Systems and other cool APPs that make work efficient and fun
- A sense of humor, love for animals and Ice cream - ok these are optional #justsaying
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone's hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong AML measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.