Your mission will be:
- Build distributed microservices that are accessed by over 8 million customers from nearly 50 countries.
- Design, build and maintain advanced applications services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Write testable, maintainable code for robustness and reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Write code that directly affects users, the company and the Bitcoin ecosystem.
- Working alongside a growing team of Engineers, Principal Engineers, our CTO, Timothy Stranex (ex-Google) and our VP of Engineering, Simon Ince (ex-Microsoft) on projects like:
- Creating the best wallet experience for our customers
- Protecting our customer's crypto with advanced security practices
- Providing a seamless KYC experience for our new customers
- Providing seamless fiat onramps to buy crypto
- Enabling customers to have the best trading experience on our exchanges
A little about you:
- A background in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, and software design.
- Programming experience in at least one language such as Go, Java, C++, C#, Python, etc.
- Previous technical lead experience.
- Expert understanding of distributed scalable and reliable systems.
- Ability to mentor and coach engineers.
- Able to contribute to multiple streams of development work.
- Reduces complexity, refactors and simplifies code and systems.
- Introduces processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- A BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience.
- A general interest in software development and cryptocurrency.
- To be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed.
It’s completely OK if you don’t tick all of the boxes – they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see but we appreciate that excellent software engineers have diverse backgrounds.
What stack we work on:
- Go(lang), gRPC
- Kubernetes (EKS), Docker
- CloudFlare, CloudFront, nginx
- MySQL (RDS), Redis (ElastiCache), etcd
- Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch, Jenkins
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone's hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong AML measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.