At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync
: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet
, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours
, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
We are looking to hire a driven content strategist to develop and execute content strategies that drive traffic, convert developers, and educate the market as a whole on the transformative technology our team is building.
The content strategist's responsibilities include determining what needs to be communicated, which formats best communicate various types of content, identifying ways to increase brand awareness, and conducting market research to identify gaps and opportunities. You should also be able to analyze user engagement metrics to determine whether the content is well-received or not.
To be successful as a content strategist, you should be able to develop creative and attention-grabbing content strategies by collaborating cross-functionally with internal teams, external agencies, and projects building on our technology to develop innovative ideas.
You will have a large degree of autonomy in shaping the role and day-to-day tasks.
- Developing clear and engaging content that is consistent with our brand and addresses both organizational goals and community needs
- Analyzing market narratives and data to identify trends and anticipate the needs of our audience
- Performing content audits to assess how well existing content is performing
- Performing content gap analyses to determine what type of content is missing and what is needed
- Delegating tasks to writers and providing feedback
- Creating, adjusting, and managing the editorial calendar
- Establishing style guides that further clarify and improve the writing style and tone needed to create engaging content
- Developing a solid understanding of the target audience through market research
- Supporting the planning and development of go-to-market strategies
- 6+ years of proven content strategy and project management experience
- Top-notch writing and editorial skills, in formats including (but not limited to) social media (mainly Twitter) posts, blog posts, videos, and website content
- Sound knowledge of content management systems, keyword research tools, social media platforms, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- A strong understanding of Ethereum, its architecture, the developer and retail audience, and what content they consume
- Experience sourcing, negotiating, and managing external agencies and freelancers
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Lots of reps with strategic Twitter content is a huge bonus
- Not shy about sharing contrarian opinions with your team and manager (without being a jerk)
- The ability to be effective in producing results when given large degrees of autonomy
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.