About the Role
Kraken is a market leader in one of today’s most innovative and quickly growing industries. Striving to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrencies and understanding that crypto isn’t straightforward for most people yet, we see our support offering as a key differentiator in our space. As our market share and service offerings have expanded at a remarkable rate over the past two years, our volume of requests, support channels, relative complexity of requests and headcount has also increased. We are seeking an experienced, results-driven Training Manager to develop, implement and oversee e-learning and instructor-led training for all teams within our Client Engagement (CE) organization.
The Client Engagement Training Manager role is highly integrated into our organization, resulting in its having a broad scope of impact and the unique opportunity to achieve outstanding results through fostering learning and development on our team. Directly managing and supporting the development of a team of trainers and reporting directly to Client Engagement’s Director of Operations, you would be responsible for driving the training strategy for our diversely talented, global and remote Client Engagement team. In this role, you would partner with stakeholders on CE’s leadership team to construct and refine training strategies for all groups, develop and employ a framework to identify learning and development opportunities for CE workers and manage CE’s use of Kraken’s Learning Management System and other internal knowledge sharing tools.
To be a successful Client Engagement Training Manager, you will be passionate about educating adults with diverse backgrounds in remote environments and will be highly resourceful, collaborative and creative in your approach to problem solving and strategic planning. You should be a strategic thinker with strong communication, presentation skills and project management skills who thrives in fast-paced environments.
This is both a strategic and hands-on leadership role.
- Establish and develop upon comprehensive training and learning and development programs for the Client Engagement organization, facilitating the quick and effective training of CE team members using a combination of e-learning and instructor led training sessions, assuring alignment of content messaging across all internal knowledge sharing tools, and ensuring the best use of knowledge sharing tools for training and internal communication
- Build and manage Client Engagement’s Training team, directly managing 5-10 Trainers
- Partner with Data teams to establish and build on performance monitoring systems for trainees and training processes, leveraging these systems to develop continuous feedback loops with other teams in order to optimize CE recruiting, training and coaching efforts
- Work closely with Kraken’s Learning & Development team to ensure that CE’s instructional design strategies remain in alignment with company direction and that CE training content meets company quality standards
- Develop and refine a convention allowing the Training team to intimately understand intricate and multi-dimensional learning objectives and produce straightforward training content that promotes full understanding from CE team members
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with CE’s Operations Managers to promote operational efficiency and excellence on the Training team and across all functional areas of our organization
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, proactively communicating progress and shifting priorities with stakeholders and CE leadership
- Produce dashboards, roadmaps, plans and other documentation to support Training team efforts, proactively communicate project statuses and manage stakeholder expectations
- 10+ years of experience developing and delivering educational content for groups of 20+ trainees on large and remote technical support teams, preferably in cryptocurrency, financial services, or a related industry
- 5+ years of experience managing high performing teams of trainers or learning & development specialists
- Strong written, spoken, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technical explanations into easily digestible material and cater training approach to a wide range of audiences
- Able to balance a high level of tenacity with adaptability and a holistic outlook in order to effectively prioritize and manage team workload to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, dynamic and fast paced organization
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong understanding of how to leverage trainee and training process KPIs
- Creative and curious self-starter with a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic
- Passionate about teaching in remote environments and making the best use of resources
- High level of comfort with project and workstream management tools like Wrike, Confluence and Jira
- Motivated to accelerate global cryptocurrency adoption through outstanding client support
- Strong knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry and passion for crypto
- Familiarity with Kraken’s products is an asset