About the team:
Our core focus is the safekeeping of our customers’ funds, ensuring a frictionless and seamless flow of their funds when, where, and however they want it. We understand that automation is key to moving fast and taking action, and the path to this brilliant paradigm is our amazing adventure. The Payments Team is a diverse group, incorporating all other operational requirements into our integrations so that we can succeed as a team.
The role in a nutshell:
- You will be part of the Payments Team consisting of the group of people that take care of the day-to-day operational functions of payments.
Your mission will be:
- Support day to day operations related to global customer payments and payment gateways
- Work with the engineering, community and operations teams to identify operational areas of improvement and create and monitor new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible
- Perform bank and payment provider reconciliations and investigate any issues that are identified
- Assist with running new integrations through testing before launch
- Exercise maintenance of current integrations and operations and identify areas of improvement based on current practices
- Implement and execute processes related to internal audits, quality control, compliance and training
A little about you:
- A university qualification with 3-5 years relevant work experience ( finance/accounting will be advantageous)
- A South African work permit if not a South African citizen
- Experience in a fast moving and ever-evolving environment (Operational Finance)
- Reconciliations experience
- Experience in E-commerce / Online banking / Payment gateways
- Ability to stay on top of tasks assigned (great sense of urgency) - Task oriented with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Curious mindset - Confident in challenging an idea when you disagree and seek further understanding when required
- Innovative - Constantly re-imagining better & efficient ways to do business
- Strong analytical skills - Identify problems and implement solutions
- Client centric - Obsessed with meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Self-starter - Capable of working without detailed direction or close supervision
- Work well in a team-based environment - Positive energetic personality with the ability to communicate concisely with teammates
- Friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- Interest in Cryptocurrency will be advantageous
- Internet access at home and the ability to work remotely (Luno will provide successful candidates with suitable equipment to set them up for success)
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone's hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong AML measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.