Principal SRE Engineer @ Luno
Luno offers a "Remote but Reachable" working approach. Please check out the details HERE
Your mission will involve..
- Being part of the integral foundation of the Luno platform, you will get to apply your knowledge and experience to the various SRE projects at Luno.
- Building and scaling infrastructure, version control systems and CI/CD processes on the Luno platform by applying and enforcing Infrastructure as Code, which is accessed by over 8 million customers, in nearly 50 countries through various phases of the crypto trading lifecycle.
- Being security first when building scalable infrastructure
- Working alongside a growing team of SREs and our Principal Engineers and our CTO, Timothy Stranex (ex-Google) and our VP of Engineering, Simon Ince (ex-Microsoft) on projects like…
- Preparing on being scalable for the next crypto bull run
- Enabling other pods to scale by provisioning infrastructure that scales
- Being compliant with various security and legal/compliance audits that we apply for and encounter in the crypto industry
- Transitioning the engineering team onto Gitlab
What skills do you need to join this mission?
- Experience with setting up, deploying, scaling, and managing containerized environments using Kubernetes in production
- Experience in managing large infrastructure projects using Terraform
- Experienced with setting up, deploying, and managing various AWS servicesd
- Software engineering experience is beneficial for this role
What stack will you be working on:
- The AWS suite of services
- Jenkins for CI/CD
- Grafana and Prometheus - for monitoring
- Hashicorp Vault - for managing secrets
Be part of a mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system. Luno is a mission-driven cryptocurrency company that is building more open and equal access to the future of money. You don’t have to know lots about crypto to be interested in joining us, you just have to feel that upgrading the world to a fairer financial system matters. We’re a passionate and committed team taking on a challenge of epic proportions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.