Grant Thornton is looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join its Forensic Technology Services (FTS) practice. The FTS practice focuses on blockchain and cryptocurrency investigations and analysis, cybersecurity incident response, Web3 and NFT technologies, and forensic data analysis. FTS delivers these services to clients using a variety of technologies including SQL, Python, Docker, and MongoDB.
This position offers challenging work involving quantitative analysis of structured, semi-structured, and un-structured data using various programming techniques, SQL, and data visualization tools. The responsibilities would range from initial data scoping and ETL to developing full-lifecycle analytical solutions and presenting analysis results to clients. The project work varies by engagement but includes fraud detection, blockchain analytics, digital asset tracing, historical modeling, outlier analysis, and complex data visualizations. Candidates with a demonstrated track record in programming will be considered, and a successful candidate will be someone who is capable of working on a wide variety of problems, is creative and flexible, and is hungry to expand her/his technical knowledge and skills.
Your day-today may include:
- Develop work plans identifying relevant data sets, querying and analyzing data, interacting with clients, and implementing analytics modules using advanced analytics techniques.
- Work for a variety of clients including inside / outside legal counsel, client executives, regulators, and other stakeholders involved in disputes, investigations, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Support forensic engagements with complex analytics research related to fraud, compliance, foreign corrupt practices act (FCPA), disputes and other matters.
- Analyze financial records, distributed ledgers, accounting data, database extracts, system access logs, and other data sets using SQL.
- Develop data visualizations and present findings to help clients’ decision-making processes.
You have the following technical skills or qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or Engineering is preferred, though an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Expert level SQL experience building complex analyses on large datasets to detect fraud, waste, and abuse in corporate financial records. Required areas of expertise include proficiency using stored procedures, custom SQL functions, full-text indexing, and cursors.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a consulting (or equivalent professional services environment).
- Two (2) or more years of experience leading teams, overseeing the day-to-day workload of team members, and reporting on the activities and outputs of team-based work product.
- Prior forensic consulting experience using data visualization technology such as Tableau or Microsoft Power BI is preferred.
- Experience with common data analysis libraries and tools such as Python (e.g., pandas, numby) and R.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task while working independently or within a group environment.
- Ability to effectively manage a team of professionals and delegate work assignments.
- Ability to design development plans and train team members for their professional development.
- CFE, CPA, and/or CAMS preferred.
- Tableau or Power BI certification preferred.
- Ability to travel on short notice and work additional hours as necessary.